Mumbai to Lonar lake by public transport:
I started my journey from Dadar by boarding the Devagiri express 17057 at 21:10 to destination Jalna ticket was Rs. 140 in general compartment, thankfully i got a place to sit because Dadar is the source station of the train. I reached jalna by 05:30 from were the jalna bus stop is 10min walk far from the railway station.
- general boggie of indian railway
Information of Lonar crater:
Lonar Sarovar was created by a meteor and is the only known hyper velocity Impact crater basaltic rock anywhere on earth. The impact took place around 55,000 years ago. Lonar Lake has a mean diameter of 1.2 kilometres (3,900 ft) and is about 137 metres (449 ft) below the crater rim. The meteor crater rim is about 1.8 kilometres (5,900 ft) in diameter.
- image from the point whole view
How to reach Lonar from Jalna railway station (purely for budget traveler):
1. 10min walk to the bus stand. Auto rickshaw also available Rs. 20 per seat.
2. Board bus to Sultanpur (timing 06:30)(Frequency is 1hr).
3. Sultanpur to lonar take trax/jeep Rs. 15 per person better ask before to seat.
4. Once you reach lonar village the Lonar sarovar is 15min walk.
- fellow traveler in state bus transport
- jeep which i used to travel from Sultanpur to Lonar village
Places you need to see at lonar sarovar:
1. Gomokh temple.
2. Mystery water flow.
3. Dargaa while heading inside the lake.
4. Temples situated in the inner part of lake.
- The mystery water flow
1. When you ask local people for direction ask where is lonar sarovar they know by sarovar and not lonar crater.
2. Full view point of lonar- from were you can click a complete picture of the lake its a green color ladder on top of the lake opposite of Gomokh temple.
I was finished with Lonar and now I moved to Sulantpur from where I had direct public bus to Aurangabad. Where Ajanta and Ellora caves were waiting for me.